Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hey Ya'll Paula Deen's Lost 30 Lbs And Guess What--- You Can Too!


She's dropped 30 pounds, y’all! Paula Deen is showing off her whittled down waistline on the cover of this week’s People magazine.
The Southern TV chef credits her healthier physique to small lifestyle changes and saying so long to mashed potatoes! Deen tells People she was able to drop more than 30 pounds in six months with the help of making better choices when it came to her eating habits.
“I buy more broccoli and sweet potatoes. And I’m definitely buying more fruit. I’ve started making smoothies for breakfast,” said Deen.
Along with eating better, Deen is also lacing up her sneakers and exercising daily. “I try to walk 30 minutes every day. I heard that exercise is addictive. So far, it’s not like cigarettes,” Deen tells the magazine. As for the cigarettes, she is trying to kick the habit.
Deen received backlash when she announced she had diabetes back in January. Many questioned the timing; the revelation came years after her diagnosis. There were also those who called Deen a hypocrite for promoting Southern cooking filled with fried food and lots of butter.
Deen’s response to the criticism, “This is not something I chose. I had been given lemons and I had to try and make lemonade -- without sugar!”
As for that Lady's Brunch Burger -- aka a doughnut cheeseburger she infamously cooked up on the Food Network -- Deen still believes in indulging. “I certainly don’t recommend eating a doughnut cheeseburger more than once in your lifetime!” said Deen.

No comments:

Post a Comment